To have a successful business, you HAVE to be on social media! Simple.
Whether you have a social media expert on staff or outsource to an agency, social media marketing is vital to the success of any modern business. When you hire a social media expert, you’re hiring someone with an expert skill set who has the power to take your business to new heights.
And is it all the more I post on social media, the better you are? Not exactly.
Here are why every business needs a social media expert:
1. Sales/Leads: The end goal of any marketing strategy is to make more money. Social media experts are highly skilled in turning followers into customers. 75% of companies that marketed their products on social media reported an increase in sales within 12 months. Furthermore, 74% of consumers use social media to make purchase decisions.
2. Tracking & Measure: Before you get the sales, you need a way to measure it. A social media expert can help setup your online advertisement from A to Z. This will help determine how an audience is progressing through the marketing funnel from product view, lead, add to cart, sale, etc.
3. Timeliness:There’s more strategy behind social media marketing than meets the eye. An expert knows what times to post certain information on specific platforms to achieve optimal engagement.
4. Quality of Work: To keep your business’s social media profiles engaging, you’ll need more than just a few basic images and some Facebook ads. They know how to encourage audience participation and engagement in ways beyond generic postings.
5. Lifelong learning from the experts: Consistently keeping up with all the latest social media trends is nearly impossible for you. Social media experts, however, are used to the lifelong learning process required to keep up with the constantly evolving field.
Social media platforms change every few days! It takes a an expert to have to keep up!
6. Build recognition & credibility: Beyond acquiring sales, one of the main goals of social media marketing is to build your brand’s image. A social media expert can help your brand gain a favorable online reputation. This can, in turn, transfer to real world brand recognition.
In this day and age, no one trusts a company without a social media presence. If you want to run a trustworthy, credible business, you need an attractive social media presence. An expert can help you achieve this.
7. Monitoring: When you’re running a business, checking your company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram isn’t the first thing on your mind every day. However, these platforms should be monitored daily to remove spam comments, respond to questions, and engage with potential customers. This is one of the many duties of a social media expert!
8. Grow a long term audience: Marketing isn’t all about instant impact. Growing an established audience is something that happens over a long period of time with great social media expertise.
Once you’ve established a sizable following, you can advertise to thousands of people for free simply by making a social media post!
9. Targeting: Social media experts know who’s on what platform and at what time. They also have a wealth of information on social media users’ interests, buying habits, and more. With all this information, they can create target audiences tailored perfectly to your brand. This ensures the people you are advertising to are those who are most likely to be genuinely interested in your product.
10. Increase website traffic: It’s not enough to sit and hope people will find your website on their own. You need to lead them there! Social media experts craft content and advertisements to direct customers to your website.
11. Increase engagement: Interaction with your followers can turn them into customers and can turn customers into repeat customers!
Social media experts encourage engagement in the form of likes, comments, and shares, which in turn encourages customer loyalty.
12. Modernization: Once upon a time, TV, Magazine, billboard, and radio ads were enough. Now, businesses have to adopt social media marketing strategies to keep up in the modern age. After all, social media is proven to now be more efficient than other forms of advertising.
14. Save money: Everyone wants to see results without spending too much money.If done correctly, social media marketing can do just that! Not only is social media more effective than other forms of advertising, but it’s more affordable too!
15. #Hashtags: The right hashtags can encourage organic awareness for your brand. Hashtags are also useful for organizing photos from events and helping businesses find their audience. Experts know which tags to use and when!
16. Use data to your advantage: Marketing through Facebook gives you access to massive quantities of data via audience insights. Social media experts can combine this information with their own data to put your business at an advantage.
For example, an expert can target a Facebook ad specifically to users who have already clicked on your website and have a history of making online purchases.
17. Go viral: Viral social media content is like word of mouth advertising. 92% of people trust recommendations from individuals over brands. Just imagine what thousands of shares and retweets can do for your business!
18. Personalization: Few advertising platforms offer the level of personalization social media advertising allows. Geo-targeting and other features allow social media marketers to personalize content and ads for different sections of your target audience.
19. Track ROI: it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly what your return on investment is when it comes to social media marketing. An expert knows what to look at and how to calculate results.
Social Media marketing is extremely trackable. A skilled social media marketer can measure sales, website traffic, app downloads, email subscriptions, and more. Plus they can compare results to the amount of time and money spent to determine ROI.
20. Experience: Social media experts have experience. They know how to create ads, optimize your campaign, and scale it! They know what works and what doesn’t based on industry experience. That isn’t something you can learn just from Googling it.
21. Measurement & Reporting: There are a many elements to analyze and data points available to pull on social media. For some, it can take hours to properly track, measure and analyze correctly. Having an expert who knows which data points are most valuable and develop monthly reports for the business is critical. Also, experts have the ability to determine whether or not the social media marketing campaign is headed in the positive or negative direction and can offer assistance on how to game plan for the upcoming month.
22. Voice: Consistency is key! Having an expert craft your business’s posts can ensure a consistent voice across all content. Is your brand witty? Serious? Punny? A social media expert will be sure to embody your brand’s personality.
23. Precise audience targeting:When you launch an ad on television, you don’t get much control over who sees it. You just have to hope your target audience is watching the right channel at the right time.
With social media ads, an expert can pinpoint your perfect audience based on an extensive bank of data. Once an audience has been optimized, the ads will be shown to just the right people. This way you don’t have to waste money showing ads to people they don’t apply to.
24. Competitor analysis: One great feature of social media is that it doesn’t just connect you to your audience, it connects you to your competition as well. Social media experts can analyze your competitors’ accounts to find out what strategies work for them and where their weak points are.
25. Relaxation: Social media management and marketing can be stressful. However, it’s easy for someone who has devoted their life to it. Sit back, relax, and leave the hard work to your social media expert!!
26. Instant feedback: Commercials take a long time to plan and even more time to start generating responses. With social media, posts can be instant. This allows your brand to capitalize on current events in real time and start tracking responses right away.
With undelayed communication, the possibilities are endless!
27. Storytelling: A social media expert has the ability to tell a story in 140 characters or less. That’s a feat in and of itself!
There is a very distinct skill set associated with social media marketing. Being a good writer isn’t enough. Social media experts are more than just good writers. They also know how to cater language to specific target audiences and how to convey a lot of information in a brief tweet or Instagram caption.
28. Advertise without being obvious: People reject advertisements because they see them as an attempt to control how they think or act. Social media advertisements, however, can work around this phenomenon.
Sponsored posts look like your friends’ posts on Instagram or Facebook. This technique makes your audience less likely to reject your ads. A social media expert is skilled at writing ads that don’t sound like ads. This way they can generate more leads and sales than traditional advertisements.
29. Motivation: You can’t keep up with social media if you aren’t motivated to do so. You have to enjoy it to be good at it because there’s always something changing and something new to learn.
A new platform can basically revolutionize the field overnight. Remember when MySpace ruled the pre-Facebook social media experience? Social media experts become experts because they have the motivation to keep up.
30. Save time: Social media management is extremely time-consuming. Leave it to an expert who has the time to devote to it because it’s their job.
For a business, the opportunity cost of having someone skilled in something else spend too much time on social media can mean you’re actually losing money. You’re better off hiring an expert.
31. Business savviness: Social media for business is very different from personal social media use. Someone whose knowledge of social media management comes entirely from their personal account would not begin to understand the world of boosted posts, SEO, and lead campaigns. Every business needs SEO, whether they realize it or not!
It takes an expert to know both the personal and business end of social media and to know when to employ which strategies.
32. Constant contact: Social media allows you to remain in constant contact with your customers/fanbase. You can respond to comments, answer questions, and remove spam in real time.
Having a social media specialist managing your business’s accounts means there will always be someone there to let your audience know there’s a person on the other side.
So there you have it, that’s the reasons why you should hire a social media expert to help your business grow today! Feeling ready to hire social media expert? Click here.